Well, firstly, if you are reading this and a song is playing on your computer, let it play on. 🙂 It’s not about the song that’s playing on your machines though unless, of course coincidence of coincidence, you are playing Rihanna’s “Please don’t stop the music”.
I listened to this song only a few days back, but man, is it amazing or what ? It made me sway to the music, and I must say, not too many songs can claim to do that to me. I don’t really indulge myself by dancing. But for a pacy song such as this, even I felt compelled to do a tiny jig. I have been listening to the same song over and over again. It just gets better with each time.
But wait, there has to be a catch. And there is. Having listened to the song, so many times, I decided to check the video out at youTube. Oh, man was I disappointed or what!! Why am I disappointed ? Well, I have this image built up in my head that if a song makes me dance, then the people in it’s videos must be super-humans dancing like no one could. Then I see the video. I would advice people from watching it if you haven’t listened to the audio. If you have, I would still advice you from not watching the video.
Now, let’s compare that with this video, shall we ?
Here are some observations from the video:
1) Rihanna can’t dance.
2) The dance steps (if I can call it that) are very similar to what a Vijaykanth or a Rajini or say an Amitab Bachchan would do. I think those guys actually pull it off better.
3) Madonna though older, shows more enthusiasm, than Rihanna does in this video. Even Britney Spears is probably better.
4) Clapping your hands does not count as dance.
5) Adjusting your dress (ahem!! you should wear straps you know 🙂 ) does not count as dance.
6) Clicking your fingers together most definitely does not count as dance.
7) “Walking” does not count as dance. (We thought we told Ajith that when he attempted it in Godfather (remake of the remake of Don) )
8) Standing in one place, while people around you are acting epileptic does not count as dance.
Only this other day, I was feeling bad that they don’t play English music any longer on Channel V and MTV. I remember the good old days when they used to play only english music there. But you know what ? Maybe it’s good they don’t. With such videos doing the rounds, it’s better to watch “Kaptain” dance.